We know that experiences of care should be good and, if they aren't something needs to be done to change it. 

As such the Care Quality Commission is running a campaign to encourage people with learning disabilities to speak up about their care to help them get the right ratings and improve people's care!

This campaign is called #DeclareYourCare

They have come up with 4 simple steps to follow if you need to report bad care:

1.    Speak to staff at the internal Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS) to resolve the problem informally.

2.    If the issues continue, ask your service provider for their complaints procedure.

3.    If you’re not happy with their response you can contact: 

 a. Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (for NHS services) here.

b. Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (for private or local authority services) here

4.    Share your experiences with the Care Quality Commission at the CQC website

My Life My Choice is registered in England under charity number 1187726 at Unit 3, Watlington House, Watlington Road, Oxford. We use cookies to improve your experience using this website. To learn more, read our privacy policy.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse