Our learning disability awareness training course supports people to be aware and understand learning disabilities. This course will also assist in supporting you to support people with learning disabilities.
Our training is co-produced and co-delivered by our trainers, who are people with learning disabilities and their supporters.
Our trainers have used their personal experiences of self-advocacy to create this course. They will share their experiences of self-advocacy during this training course.
By the end of this course you will...
1. Have a well-rounded understanding of what it means to have a learning disability
2. Be able to confidently and effectively support people with learning disabilities
This course is for:
1. Professionals who want to more effectively support with people with learning disabilities and already have experience of working with those with learning disabilities
2. Professionals who want to effectively support with people with learning disabilities and have no to some knowledge of learning disabilities
This course focuses on these core topics:
1. What a learning disability is and is not
2. The inequalities which those with learning disabilities face
3. How to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities
You may want to focus on other elements of learning disabilities, in which case, our bespoke training courses may be of interest to you.
The cost of our training courses is dependent on the length of the training and the number of participants receiving the training.
What people say about us
“It was a really great educational day! The content & delivery by all the trainers made it the best training I have ever been to in over 10 years of being a nurse. Thank you!” from a Learning Disability Awareness training participant.
“It had been a really informative and well-organised day with a variety of aspects covered. The support and input of those with lived experience of learning disability was fantastic.” from a Learning Disability Awareness training participant.
If you are interested in this training course or want more information, please contact Lisa at [email protected] or call 01865 204214.