Our health checks training course aims to enhance its delegate’s awareness and understanding of health checks and why it is important for people with learning disabilities to have an annual health check. This course will also assist in its delegate’s understanding of what it means to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities.
Our experts by experience have used their own personal experiences to create this course and they would like to share with you their own stories and the stories of their friends.
- By the end of this course you will have thought of ideas about how to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities.
- By the end of this course you will know how to show the importance of health checks to people with learning disabilities.
- By the end of this course you will know how to deliver a health check to a person with a learning disability respectfully.
This course ideal for:
- Doctors and nurses and anyone who deliver health checks to people with learning disabilities
Our course content:
- Why have a health check?
- What a learning disability is and isn’t
- The barriers people with learning disabilities face to health
- How to do a health check
- Facts and data
- Community Learning Disability Teams
- Reasonable Adjustments Act
If you are interested in this training course or are interested in our bespoke training course for this topic, please click here and let us know your information.
“Brilliant and well planned; it makes a real and powerful difference to be trained by people with learning disabilities. Well done for such a fun and professional approach to learning!” Oxfordshire GP.
“Thanks very much to you and all the team… You have been great to work with – always being clear and straight and delivering what you said you would.” Health Checks Training Participant.
Why not have a look at our other training courses below: