Our communications training course will support you to become aware and understand a variety of ways in which people with learning disabilities may communicate. This course will also assist you in understanding what it means to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities.
Our training is co-produced and co-delivered by our trainers, who are people with learning disabilities and their supporters.
Our trainers have used their personal experiences of self-advocacy to create this course. They will share their experiences of self-advocacy during this training course.
By the end of this course you will...
1. Be aware of, understand and be able to use a variety of ways in which people with learning disabilities may communicate (such as accessible information like easy read).
2. Understand how and be able to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities using accessible information like easy read
This course is for:
1. Professionals who want to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities
2. People with learning disabilities who want to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities who may have more profound and multiple learning disabilities.
This course focuses on these core topics:
1. What is communication and why is it important for people with learning disabilities
2. Using communication tools such as accessible information (easy read)
3. How to effectively communicate with people with learning disabilities
You may want to focus on other elements of communication, in which case, our bespoke training courses may be of interest to you.
The cost of our training courses is dependent on the length of the training and the number of participants receiving the training.
What people say about us
“A huge thank you to all of you for yesterday. The students were so positive after the session, it made them rethink about communication and other things they need to consider.” from a communication training participant.
If you are interested in this training course or want more information, please contact Lisa at [email protected] or call 01865 204214.