I do a lot of things at My Life My Choice. I am a travel buddy and a Power Up trainer.
Over the last few months, I have been working with the Young Person’s group about Littlemore Hospital.
We looked what it was like to live there.
I have found it interesting.
We learned that bread was something the patients ate a lot. They ate this because it was filling. I think eating bread made them feel happy because food can be a comfort for when you are going through tough times.
I feel like eating was an important part of their day and so I have reimagined what they ate and created two bread-based recipes.
This is my baked bread pudding recipe.
You will need:
1. 8 ounces of bread
2. 1/2 pint of milk
3. 8 ounces of dried fruit
4. 3 tablespoons of mixed spice
5. 2 ounces of soft brown sugar
6. 1 egg
7. 1 tablespoon of sugar
8. 2 ounces of suet
To make baked bread pudding, follow these instructions:
1. Cut the bread into pieces and put into a bowl.
2. Pour over with the milk and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
4. Beat the bread and milk mixture together with a fork.
5. Grease a baking tin with oil or butter.
6. Add all the dried fruit, brown sugar, egg and spice to the bread and mix well to combine. (You may need to get your hands in).
7. Pour into the tin and flatten the top.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Take it out of the oven and sprinkle with some sugar on top.
I have written another recipe for this project, it is called 'bread and cheese' style cakes. You can find it here.
I have also written an escape story. You can read it here.
The other young people in the Young Persons’ group were inspired to write stories and recipes too.