Skip to title
Skip to main content
We gather anonymised analytics data on website usage unless you opt out.
Steve and his 50th Birthday Bash
On 1st June, Steve celebrated a big birthday, his 50th! Can you guess how many birthday cards he received?
17 Nov 2020
Hi, my name is Steve and I am a Trustee at My Life My Choice.
I had my birthday during lockdown and I wanted to share what it was like.
My birthday was on Monday 1st June.
It was a big birthday, I turned 50!
I went to my mum and dad’s house and had a BBQ.
My brother, sister and niece was there.
We sat in the garden to open my presents and cards.
How many cards do you think I had?
You weren’t close! I had 800 cards!
It took me three weeks to open them all because new ones kept coming!
I got cards from all over the world. It was a lovely surprise!
I have learned some important lessons over the last 50 years:
1. Just because society thinks people with learning disabilities can’t do things other people can, that doesn’t mean it's true!
2. Always be polite and helpful to everyone
3. Believe in yourself, believe in others, and be willing to try new things and learn from your mistakes
In the next 50 years I hope to…
1. Spend more time helping others
2. Continue leading by example and supporting others to do the same
3. Take every opportunity that comes my way
4. Present my own show on Radio 2 one day
Before I end my blog, I want to give a big thank you for all my cards, it was such an amazing surprise!
| Powered by